Looking for Hope in the Present

"May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit."
Romans 15:13 (NIV)
 
---------------------------------------------------------------- 
 
The lack of posts I've made here is astounding. I really thought I would be better at this whole regular blog posting thing. Clearly I was wrong. However, my reasons are totally valid. I've been really sick lately and it wound me up in the ER once already. I'm not going into detail until I have all the answers, but I am running out of patience very quickly. Doctor after doctor has told me that they can't find the source of the problem and thrown me to someone else. It's been three months of this and I'm done. But with all these holidays and family around it's kind of hard to be too upset about it. My grandparents celebrated 25 years together, my uncle was home for Christmas for the first time in 8 years and I got some pretty rocking presents.

As a senior in high school I'm constantly thinking about college. I've just applied to the last college on my list and now all I have left to do is wait. this coming year has a lot in store for me including a tattoo, a trip to the Virgin Islands and a train trip across the US and that's all before I move to a different state for college! While I look to the future for answers and happiness I have been trying to teach myself to look for hope and happiness in the present.

 

I'm finding joy and hope in the little things while they last. Sleep has been amazing because it's one of the few moments I can find relief from the continuous pain I'm in. Happiness in spending time with my family, and hope in the doctors that I have at the moment. I might have a new doctor tomorrow or end up vomiting later today, but I'm trusting God with what I have now. This mug I got, as dumb as it may sound, made me extremely happy because it signifies all the adventures I have later, but that I am here waiting for them right now. God's plan is perfect and He only gives me things that can help me not hurt me.

I hope all of you had a wonderful Christmas and Thanksgiving, and that you'll have a great New Year!

Yours Truly,
      Abby
 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

what happens when the fight doesn't stop

Diff-Abled

Are You Happy?