Why Wait to Change?

 Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights with whom there is no variation or shadow due to change.
James 1:17
---------------------------------
 
Welcome to 2016!!
So here's my new year post and what not. I don't party, not a big fan of it, but I did have a wonderful New Year's Eve with friends. We made cheese bombs and talked so much we almost missed the countdown. Something I stopped doing last year was making resolutions. I really didn't like the idea of putting everything I wanted to change about myself into an all of the sudden thing. Change happens over a period of time, it's the same reason people don't quit smoking cold turkey. People don't change over night, they just don't. Leaves don't change overnight, it's a beautiful process that captures our attention.
 

 
I also hated making resolutions because it suggested that the first of January was the only day I could ever decide to make a change. This year was full of change. I lost people, I watch my cousin marry the love of her life and I made changes. I started complimenting strangers to their faces instead of just thinking it in my head, I started crossfit, I applied to college, and I got sick a lot. Change is weird. It's challenging, and it's not always good.
 
 
So as I try to wrap this all together, why wait to change? Look back on your year and see all the change that took place, see that it didn't all happen in one day. Change the your habits, change your room, change the world. Don't wait for a new year to give you permission. Just make it happen.
Happy New Year.
 
Yours Truly,
     Abby





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

what happens when the fight doesn't stop

Diff-Abled

Are You Happy?