Stuck on Mount Nebo


 I have let you see it with your eyes, but you will not crossover into it.
Deut. 34:4
---------------------------------------------

Quite a long time ago God met Moses at the top of a super high mountain called Nebo. It's a funny name for a mountain, but that's beside the point. God met Moses up here to show him the land he promised to Abraham and Issac and all the descendants from then to the end of time. However, Moses would not be allowed to step foot into this promise land because God had a different plan for him. God would call Moses up to Heaven with Him on that very mountain. God is a good God so He wanted to show Moses what his people would get- the fulfillment of a promise. Moses got to see with his own eyes that promised land and all the land surrounding it, even if it was not for him, and Moses was okay with that. God led Moses out of trouble time after time, why would he object to God's plan now even if he can see the end right there in front of him? God is perfect, and His plan is as well.



Right now I feel like I'm stuck on that mountain. I can see all the treatment options for my RSD, I can see others have amazing results with other things. It's right there in front of my face- the success of many, the happiness and the end of trouble. God has held me through struggle after struggle, hard times, loss and grief. I had the nerve block procedure done on Friday, and to my great despair I am one of the small percentage of people that it has no effect on. Four days post-procedure and the doctor officially told me it's time to go back to the drawing board. So, here I am. 
Stuck on Mount Nebo.

God is next to me though, just like always. I know He's standing here showing me everything because He has another plan for me. One that is perfect to His Will. Even though I can envision a life without pain right now, standing on this mountain, I know it's not what God has planned for me yet.

Later in the new testament Jesus took some of his followers up to another mountain. There he transfigured into what I would describe as "pure heavenly light." There beside him appeared Elijah and Moses. Next to Jesus- the Son of God. Moses stood there looking at the disciples of Jesus and I'm sure he knew this was it. That moment right there he saw his descendants in the land he saw with his own eyes; he was literally standing next to God's promise in the form of a man.

Right now I'm on Mount Nebo looking at the promises God has given to us, and to me. He has promised to heal me. It may be on a different mountain many years from now or I might have to wait until I get to stand in the literal presence of the Promise Himself. Of course, I can't know any of this, but I have hope in healing, and faith in the promises of the Lord.
So, for now I think I'm just going to enjoy the view while I'm stuck on Mount Nebo. 

Truly,
Abby

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

what happens when the fight doesn't stop

Diff-Abled

Are You Happy?