Answer The Call


To this end also we pray for you always, that our God will count you worthy of your calling, and fulfill every desire for goodness and the work of faith with power.
2 Thessalonians 1:11
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not even going to go into detail about how the last two weeks of my life have been like but I can guarantee you they have been busy. My apartment flooded and we're trying to figure out where to live until it get's rebuilt (yes, I did write rebuilt, it's that bad), and I've got midterms as well as car troubles. That's all you get though because that's not what this post is about. 

It seems like there are about a hundred natural disasters that have happened in the past month and it seems like they just keep coming and coming. Yet, here I am stuck and unable to help. I care so little about how my situations turn out right now because all I want to do is fly to Houston, USVI, Puerto Rico, Mexico, the West Coast and help out. I want to help, but I can't. 
The worst part isn't that I can't because of monetary reasons or school commitments. I'm all online and can pretty much do school where ever there's internet. The worst part is that I am literally physically unable to help. I can write letters, donate funds, and send care packages until the day I day but I was made for physical activity.

God has called me to so many great things, the biggest one being missions work in Tanzania. This summer I couldn't go because we feared for my health too much and still do. It pains me in the deepest part of my soul knowing that I missed out on serving in my favorite place on planet Earth. I know that God does not call you to do something if he will not follow through. He gives us no meaningless dreams. But right now I can't answer that call

He's calling me to go and move and serve but the phone is on silent. 
It's dead and I can't find the charger.
I can't answer the call. 







All I can do is pray and serve from where I am and hope so desperately that it fulfills the call he has put in my heart, and while it may satisfy it for short periods of time there is always this unread voicemail that's saying "you do not belong here. you need to be out there. go. go. go."
It's like this extreme game of phone tag. God's calling me and I miss the call, I can't get to the phone right now. Then I call Him back, I seem to have answers- a treatment that works and I'm ready, but then plans fall through, the connection is lost and I have to wait for Him to call me back. I can hear it ringing, I can see the missed call notification, but I can't answer. I can't go. Not yet. 

Like I said, God does not call if he doesn't intend for you to answer at some point. I will answer that call again. One of these days I will pick up the phone, pack my bags, grab that plane ticket, and go to where ever he has told me to go that time. 

But for now, for now, I have to wait so patiently for my phone to turn back on, for my body to work enough, for God's to call me when I can answer. It is so hard, and I refuse to try and make it light-hearted because it is truly one of the hardest things I have ever had to deal with in my life, and y'all know I've dealt with a lot. 
I can guarantee that I will answer that call, and by that time it may be a different call than the one I thought I would answer, but even if it changes I will still answer it.
Everyone has a call that they will answer. Maybe you're like me and you just can't right now, maybe you don't hear it yet, maybe you're purposefully swiping the 'decline' button because you're scared of what you might hear.

You all have a call.
Take advantage of your opportunity to answer it.
Let it satisfy your deepest desires you didn't even know you had.
Glorify God with it.
Keep answering Him.

Pick up the phone and go.

Truly,
Abby


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

what happens when the fight doesn't stop

Diff-Abled

Are You Happy?