Back Home Again

 
 
 
"The only man I envy is the man who has never been to Africa, for he has much to look forward to"
Richard Mullen
 -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 
              Friends,
                   Here we are again, my favorite time of the year. The months before Africa. If you've seen my blog before you know that Africa has a very large portion of my heart. Tanzania to be specific. Last year was my first time away from home in a foreign country, but home is exactly where I was. The minute I stepped off that plane on to the tarmac of Kilimanjaro Airport I just knew. The smell, the air, the welcome arms of the people I would soon consider family all created this intense connection. I would be lying if I said there was never a moment I didn't feel at home, but only once did I get this feeling and it never came again.
 
                Karanse, Tanzania, Africa is everything to me and a year away is far too long. To get enough money to be able to go on this trip I need to raise support. As I have mentioned before: every year a trip of about 8-16 people go to Karanse ad help PUNCHMI school in the village. We train teachers, help build curriculum, visit and talk with the widows, help with school repairs and, my personal favorite, playing with the children and giving them their gifts from their sponsors.
 




 
 
These people give everything they have to show the world how much God loves them.
 
To help sponsor me you can visit https://www.perimeter.org/give/?campus=MISSION_TRIP and select "Tanzania Family Trip June 2-12" then select "Leslie and Abby Sams" under the missionary category.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

what happens when the fight doesn't stop

Diff-Abled

Are You Happy?