Tide Pools

 
 
"You are never just you. Everything you do webs out to reach and connect countless people. Every person you meet is touched by you in some way."
-Anonymous
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------
I keep forgetting what day it is so I keep missing posts. my bad.
 
I went to the beach this week.
Nothing bad can come from going to the beach, let me just make that extra clear. The beach is one of those places that brings me life and I will never stop reminding people of that.
I went to the beach, but specifically the tide pools.
I am an ocean nerd, that is not new information, but the tide pools at Venice Beach were by far some of the coolest ones I've ever seen. So many different creatures in the water. Anemones, fish, algae, crabs, maybe even an urchin or two living together in this tiny pool when the entire ocean in one rock behind them.
 
 
Sitting there on a rock, in a weird position so I wouldn't step on any anemones that had curled up from the sun, I started to think.
Our lives are like these tide pools, and we are like the creatures in them.
Even though we are only a small part of the entire world we live harmoniously with everything in our reach. An entire ecosystem moving and growing together.
BUT.
We are not stuck there.


Whenever the tide comes back in it fills the pools and allows us to move into the great escape of the ocean. Some people choose to stay where they grew up, others choose to take the tide out and see the world and then settle down in a different pool that the sweet waves of change dropped them in.
 
 
We are all in a tide pool. You can either choose to take the next high tide, or choose to stay inside the rocks, but either choice you make, make sure it's your own choice.
 
Truly,
Abby
 
*side note: an anemone held my finger when I brushed it's side and it honestly is one of the best things that's ever happened to me

Comments

  1. No matter how many high tides you ride out into an ocean of adventure, I hope you will always know you can come back to your little tide pool here. We love you!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

what happens when the fight doesn't stop

Diff-Abled

Are You Happy?