Two At One

 
“The scarcity of time is the reason we have to concentrate on one thing at a time.”
― Matt Perman
 
-----------------------------------------------------
 
I think I'm good at multi-tasking, but I am really not.
I mean to say that while I certainly can have many things on my plate and get them all done, it causes a very strange reaction in my body. I become overwhelmed until I make myself sit down and write out everything that I am actually doing to let my brain know that it will all be okay.
Even as I write this I am doing two things.
 

 
But there's always time for a metaphor or a simile so here goes...
I think of the time we have in life like a dessert.
It's dry and long, but there are bits of plants, animals, rocks. Most of the plants are prickly because there is something trying to rid them of their habitat. Time is a dangerous thing because the more time we have under our belt the closer we are to being rid of the earth (sorry that got dark). Everything sort of has to get used to what is happening around them, we have to adapt if you will. I'm from Georgia so if I moved to Canada it would be really cold for a while and then I would get used to it.
We are given things in life: difficult situations, bad people, way to much stress and are made to be able to find our way around it.
 
 
 
 
I have to face all my problems at once. I have to wake up every morning in some amount of pain and then go about my day doing normal things.
It's seeing all the rocks in the desert of time and having to look at it all from far away to be able to see where you can but your feet and not getting so close to everything. We have time for things but we so often worry about what is directly in front of us that we don't see the bigger picture.
Do two things at once, but do them for tomorrows pleasure so you can enjoy today.
 
 
Truly,
Abby

Comments

  1. Seeing the desert for the rocks is your version of seeing the forest for the trees! Cool photos!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

what happens when the fight doesn't stop

Diff-Abled

Are You Happy?