Alone In A Park

“The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quite alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be and that God wishes to see people happy, amidst the simple beauty of nature. As longs as this exists, and it certainly always will, I know that then there will always be comfort for every sorrow, whatever the circumstances may be. And I firmly believe that nature brings solace in all troubles.”
Anne Frank
   
-----------------------------------------------------

I've had a lot of time to be alone while I've been here, but also ample time with friends.
I'm not sure which I enjoy more for my friends are great company but there is nothing that rejuvenates me more than being outdoors alone in the world.
There's a small park near my apartment complex that truly is one of my favorite sports in this city with a close second being the parking deck of the market. It's filled with college students studying, couples talking, children playing and people just living. I go to read or write because it's significantly nicer than sitting alone in the cramped apartment and all the events happening around me seem to open my mind to deeper things.




I'm a very deep thinker, and it can often get me into trouble, but thinking in nature with a pen in your hand and not a care in the world is a whole new kind of feeling. It's being able to think without the influence of another opinion and express yourself however you please.

You can walk through the grass or chase your shadow.
Follow a leaf's journey with your eyes.
Breathe in that smog. (okay maybe not that one but I live in LA so what do expect)




Sunsets are otherworldly and you feel like you're the only person in the whole world even though you're surrounded by humans living their life as you live yours. Going through the same time frames as you, yet with completely different results, maybe your paths intersect, maybe they don't.
Either way, at that exact moment, you are both alone in a park.


Truly,
Abby

https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=BBMQ7XEP6MV6W

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

what happens when the fight doesn't stop

Diff-Abled

Are You Happy?