Am I Supposed to Be Here?

This blog is mostly "hidden" so I feel very safe here. I can literally pour out the entire pot of bad coffee that is my thoughts and leave it here for some internet dog to lap off the floor.
----------
I'm actually going to write several posts today and just put them up at random times because I'm feeling a lot of things right now and I've already written them in my journal so now I'm going to put them on the internet in hopes someone will stumble across this archaic form of media, and find comfort and support in it.
I have been on 13 different planes on in the past 4 months, I cant remember if I've said that yet, I haven't been anywhere for longer than two weeks all summer long. I haven't had a "home."
Now I will always have a true home. I'm a Georgia girl born and bread and I always will be. That's where my parents are, and even though my heart is scattered in pieces all over the world my soul sits in the suburban brick house with all my childhood memories.


I feel like I'm in a cage. Like everything I am and want to be has been locked up; I can't express everything I want to because I am surrounded by people who do not understand. There's nothing wrong with them, truly, but our interests are opposite and we're both lost in the conversations we so desperately want to be engaged in.
We laugh politely and smile and nod, but I don't follow the flow of the words and the movement of the mouths. So I sit and listen as best I can and hope they will return the favor.


My passion is boxed up and it's busting through every crack that appears but only for a moment before someone tapes it back and whispers, "wait. not yet."
The only times so far that I've felt truly included are with one friend (that's not to say my other friends suck lets just be clear) who understand the struggles I face and so it's been a joint understanding of being inclusive and accommodating to one another, and also at an event that was very, incredibly inclusive. I don't know if I'm supposed to be here, in LA, but I know that I am here and I need to make the best of time. I may just be writing or listening to podcasts or faking understanding until I find that fit, but I'll do it 'till I can't and then I'll do something else.

Truly,
Abby


https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=BBMQ7XEP6MV6W

Comments

  1. I like listening to you and including you. And now I like your writing, too!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

what happens when the fight doesn't stop

Diff-Abled

Are You Happy?